Klussendorf Blog

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Candy

Replaced my old SPD pedal setup with some sweet new Crank Bros. Candy 1 pedals. Even these cheapies shaved over four ounces off my rotating weight. Good clip in, nice support, secure. I'm no early adopter, to be sure, but I should'na waited this long!
Then spooned some new Ritchey Speedmax tires onto the 'cross bike with enough time to squeeze in a quick run on the green circle. They roll smooth, grab well, seem lighter than the old Kenda Kommados. I got a little wild and a corner, started sliding out the front tire until I leaned it up on the knobbies. Wham, it bit in and took off the way it was pointed. May have something to do with the two inches of rain we got in the last 24 hours - but nice tires, eh?
Blasted well through civil twilight. Fog filling in. Whip-poor-wills start singing. A few miles to go, the light so low now that eyes lose their grasp on anything solid. We have to have to start riding by feel. Ride toward the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home