Klussendorf Blog

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Slimey Spring Edition

Up early for a day's run to Pine Bluff, WI and Slimey Crud, Spring 2010 edition. The VStrom performed flawlessly. Each month I get better at flogging it through the corners. Days like today certainly don't hurt. I've done Slimey the last three editions, changing my route from Pine Bluff to Leland. Mapping technique has improved and this year I nailed it. No interstates, minimal state roads, few county roads, mostly town roads. S-doubleU-doubleE-T Sweet.
With my shorter, but more intense 2-hour, route, I arrived in Leland at the front end of the crowd. Nice weather brought out way to many Harley's. Blech. You know you're in the wrong clique when people are digging the super fat harley with a series 70 bias ply on the back that can't corner, can't accelerate - But boy does it look good sitting still. Really, wtf. 
My quick Leland survey uncovered this classic 1980 Duc 900 SD Darmah. Nice mods with classic looks; drop bars, steering damper, adjustable shocks. Love the pushrods, pre-desmo. Backed by a somewhat more advanced 1098.
Nice cadre of classic Honda's pulled in together. One sounded exactly like an old chain saw. 125, 250. Saw a nice old Honda 90.
October 3rd, 2010. Be there.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Bob P said...

Kurt, what's your process for planning a ride like that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home