Klussendorf Blog

Monday, February 05, 2007

StuporBowl X

We have crap for snowcover in the Twin Cities. And, at eight below, it’s a bit chilly for skiing anyway. What else to do but StuporBowl X.

Gino assured me last week it was ON. Those poor messengers have to get the mail out come rain or snow or deep dark cold of winter. And indeed, we arrived at One-on-One to a packed house. Friggin’ crazies.

After our pep talk by the Mississippi everyone bolted. Barb and I took up the rear, deciding on the “free drinks” leg of StuporBowl, seven stops in all. Then Barb started having increasing problems with her freewheel not engaging. Evidently her cycle lube ain’t engineered for -10F. So she freewheeled both frontways and backwards from time-to-time. We did manage to hobble our way up to Burlesque / First Amendment in North Minneapolis. Had a fine Surly beer, not so hoppy-obnoxious as we’ve come to expect from their beers. Nice job! Then back to One-on-One for another, then onto Joe’s Garage for another.

And a meet and greet with Team PBR. My guess is these boys weren’t going anywhere from here. While this was the one spot on this leg you had to pay for drinks, the Team was pretty well topped off in that department anyway. We all had a jolly time.

Barb decided to drag her steed home from here. I finally figured out that this was a timed event ~ what? You have to be done by 6:00!? So hauled ass west to Seagull’s House. Of course, I got lost on S. Cedar Lake Road for a while before cutting over to Cedar Lake Road N. FOOL! Had a shot, warmed my tootsies.

Lights on and these damnamber ski goggles aren’t helping. The cold, the drinks the hunger knock and the 30 miles on my old beater – things started getting a little surreal. Had one more stop in me. Heather’s House, practically on my way home. But Heather had more sense than me, locked up tight.

No worries, made it home before 6:00 for a little grub and a debrief with Barb. The event ended as they all should…Next year, I’m gonna do it better. Great friggin’ fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home